- 2017 General Aviation Awards Application (PDF Download)
- 2017 General Aviation Awards Application (.doc Word) Right click, save file to your desktop.
|UPLOAD YOUR NOMINATION HERE|
- Tips for Writing a Nomination
- About Your Aviation CV
- Application Advisors
- A Judge’s Advice
- Nomination Processing
Honorees must be actively working, within the United States. Honorees must hold current FAA airman certificates (if required) AND honorees must not have had an airman certificate suspended, revoked, subject to enforcement action during the preceding five years; or, have been convicted of a civil or criminal offense. In addition:
- Aviation Technician (ATA) candidates may be either a maintenance technician working under FAR Part 65 and hold a current an FAA airman certificate or be an avionics technician working with a Part 145 Repair Station.
- Flight Instructor (CFI)candidates must be working under FAR Part 61, 141 or 142 and must hold a current an FAA airman certificate.
- FAASTeam Representative (REP) candidates must be actively involved in the FAA Safety Team.
Required Package Components
Submitted applications become the property of the General Aviation Awards Program. The application package must include the required checklist items listed below and only those items. Missing or illegible items may lead to disqualification. Please, no cover sheets or excess bulk…make it complete but concise:
- Application Page 1 and, don’t forget to sign it!
- Application Page 2 (additional pages are allowed)
- Aviation oriented curriculum vitae (CV), no more than two pages.
- Clear copies of a current U.S. government-issued photo-id AND both sides of current FAA certificates/designations AND a photo taken within the past five years, in a professional aviation setting.
- One letter of recommendation from a supervisor (employer, FPM, Chief CFI or DPE, etc)
- One letter of recommendation from a peer or co-worker
- One letter of recommendation from a client who is familiar with your work
- No more than one page each.
- Supporting documents for each major item listed on Application Page 2
All nominations must be submitted online.
- July 1 through November 30, 2016 Nominations Accepted.
- Midnight Eastern Standard Time, November 30 is the deadline for submitting nominations
- December 1 through December 31: FAA District (FSDO) Judging
- Jan 1, 2017 District Honorees Announced by General Aviation Awards Committee
- Jan 2 through January 16, 2017: FAA Regional Judging
- January 17, 2017: Regional Honorees Announced by General Aviation Awards Committee
- Jan 17 through January 31, 2017 National Judging by industry
- February 1, 2017 National Honorees Announced by General Aviation Awards Committee