Due to a typographical error in a press release regarding the deadline date of nomination-submissions; and in fairness to everyone to have the time needed to adequately prepare a nomination packet, the deadline for submitting nominations
has been extended to midnight EST, October 20, 2014.
- 2015 General Aviation Awards Application (PDF Download)
- 2015 General Aviation Awards Application (Fill-in PDF Download)
- UPLOAD YOUR APPLICATION HERE
- Tips for Writing a Nomination
- About Your Aviation CV
- Application Advisors
- A Judge’s Advise
- Application Processing
Candidates must have been actively working, within the United States, in their respective field for a minimum of five years. Candidates must hold current FAA airman certificates (if required). During the preceding five years, candidates must not have had an airman certificate suspended, revoked, subject to enforcement action; or, have been convicted of a civil or criminal offense. In addition:
A) Maintenance Technician candidates must be working under FAR Part 65;
B) Avionics Technician candidates must be working with a Part 145 Repair Station;
C) Certificated Flight Instructor candidates must be working under FAR Part 61, 141 or 142;
D) FAASTeam Representative candidates must be actively involved in the FAA Safety Team.
Required Package Components
Submitted applications become the property of the General Aviation Awards Program. The application package must include the required checklist items listed below and only those items. Missing or illegible items may lead to disqualification. Please, no cover sheets or excess bulk…make it complete but concise:
- Application Page 1 and, don’t forget to sign it!
- Application Page 2 (additional pages are allowed)
- Aviation oriented curriculum vitae (CV), no more than two pages.
- Clear copies of a current U.S. government-issued photo-id AND both sides of current FAA certificates/designations AND a photo taken within the past five years, in a professional aviation setting.
- One letter of recommendation from a supervisor (employer, FPM, Chief CFI or DPE, etc)
- One letter of recommendation from a peer or co-worker
- One letter of recommendation from a client who is familiar with your work
- No more than one page each.
- Supporting documents for each major item listed on Application Page 2
Procedures & Timelines
All applications / nominations will first be submitted to local Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO).
- July 1st thru September 30th : Packets accepted at local FSDOs
- October 1st thru November 14th : Local (FSDO) judging for all four award categories
- November 15th : FSDO winners announced and forwarded to FAA Regional Offices
- November 16th thru December 31st : Regional judging for all four award categories
- January 1st: Regional winners announced and posted to GA Awards Cloud server
- January & February: National judging by industry peers for all four award categories
- March 1st : National winners announced